Unfair, Deceptive & Abusive Acts and Practices Enforcement
BuckleySandler has extensive experience handling regulatory and enforcement matters involving claims of unfair, deceptive and abusive acts and practices. From state Attorneys General matters, to Federal Trade Commission investigations and lawsuits, to Consumer Financial Protection Bureau enforcement actions, we are at the forefront of the defense of unfair, deceptive and abusive claims relating to federal and state consumer laws on behalf of the financial services industry.
Our experience includes representing clients in matters of law involving:
- Fair and responsible banking
- Predatory lending
- Preemption issues
- Sales and marketing, including federal and state telemarketing laws
- Loan brokers and mortgage abuses
- Failure to disclose
- Privacy and Data Security
- FTC Holder Rule and lender liability
Specific product experience includes:
- Mortgages, including origination and servicing issues
- Credit cards, debit cards and stored value cards
- Insurance products, including force-placed insurance
- Automobile and other installment loan products
- Commercial loan products
- Consumer loans, including payday and refund anticipation loans
BuckleySandler provides efficient and effective representation in regulatory and enforcement matters involving claims of unfair, deceptive and abusive acts and practices.
For a list of attorneys with significant Unfair, Deceptive & Abusive Acts and Practices experience click here and scroll down to "Related Professionals."
For a representative list of matters, please see "Significant Representations" below.