Buckley Sandler Webcast: Trends and Developments in RMBS Litigation
Attendees joined Buckley Sandler attorneys Amanda Lawrence and Michael Rome at 2 p.m. ET on January 25, 2018, for an in-depth discussion of key trends, recent decisions, and anticipated developments in residential mortgage-backed securities litigation. They addressed key takeaways from significant RMBS trials in 2017, the Second Circuit’s decision affirming Judge Cote’s verdict in the Southern District of New York in favor of FHFA, ramifications of the ongoing Lehman Brothers bankruptcy estimation trial, and expectations for new RMBS cases in 2018.
The discussion included:
- Recent key RMBS decisions and their implications for future cases:
- U.S. Bank v. UBS Real Estate and its implications for large-scale repurchases
- Causation in RMBS fraud cases after the Second Circuit’s decision in FHFA v. Nomura
- The role of statistical sampling evidence in light of MARM and Blackrock vs. Wells Fargo
- An update on the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy settlement and anticipated indemnification claims
- Recent trends in RMBS litigation, including claims against servicers
- Key cases to watch, including the ResCap litigation in Minnesota
When: Thursday, January 25, 2018 from 2:00 - 3:00 pm ET
Who Should Attend: This webcast was of particular interest to in-house legal, compliance, operations, and risk management professionals who are or may be involved in the defense and resolution of complex litigation matters.
Registration required. Please, no outside law firms, government agency personnel, consulting firms, or media. After registering and being approved, you will receive a confirmation email containing instructions for joining the webcast.