Buckley Sandler Hosts Eighth Annual Fair Lending Today ConferenceAndrew L. Sandler, Andrea K. Mitchell, Valerie L. Hletko, Matthew P. Previn, Jonice Gray Tucker, Manley Williams, John C. Redding, Lori J. Sommerfield, Warren W. Traiger, Kari K. Hall, Sasha Leonhardt, Michelle L. Rogers, Benjamin K. Olson, Marshall T. Bell, Jeffrey P. Naimon
Buckley Sandler LLP hosted its eighth annual Fair Lending Today conference in Washington, DC on March 13-14, 2016. The two-day event featured an evening of interactive roundtable discussions on fair lending issues, followed by a full day of seminars. The sessions were led by Buckley Sandler attorneys, all of whom regularly work on fair lending regulatory, enforcement and compliance matters. A common theme through this year’s event was the impact of the CFPB’s new TRID and HMDA rules and their potential impact on fair lending compliance and enforcement.
The agenda from the March 14 sessions can be found below.
- Introduction and Overview: Review of Fair Lending Developments in 2015 and Predictions for the Year Ahead: Andrew L. Sandler
- Rulemaking Update from Inside the CFPB: Benjamin K. Olson
- Supervisory and Enforcement Trends in Fair Lending and UDAAP: Matthew P. Previn, Andrea K. Mitchell, Jonice Gray Tucker, and Kari K. Hall
- Recent SCRA Regulatory and Enforcement Trends and an Introduction to the MLA: Valerie L. Hletko, Jeffrey P. Naimon, and Sasha Leonhardt
- Luncheon Presentation: Jon Seward, Deputy Chief, Housing and Civil Enforcement Section, Civil Rights Division, Department of Justice
- Mortgage Originations and Servicing Update: Jeffrey P. Naimon, Michelle L. Rogers, and Lori J. Sommerfield
- Credit Cards and Non-Secured Consumer Lending: Where Did the Regulators Focus in 2015 and Where Will They Go Next?: Benjamin K. Olson and Manley Williams
- Auto Lending Update: John C. Redding and Marshall T. Bell
- HMDA Changes and Their Impact on Fair Lending and CRA Compliance: Warren W. Traiger
- International Interlude: The Credit Card Market – Looking Forward: Claire Carroll, Eversheds LLP
- All Panel Question and Answer Panel