Antonio Reynolds represents financial services companies and other major corporations, as well as their officers and directors, in a variety of civil and criminal enforcement matters before federal and state agencies. He has advised clients in matters involving the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), and state attorneys general.
Located in the Washington, DC office of Buckley Sandler LLP, he is Partner in the firm’s White Collar; Enforcement Actions & Investigations; and State Attorneys General practices, with a particular emphasis on consumer finance matters. In addition, he has represented clients in responding to investigations and other inquiries by the Department of Justice (DOJ), the United States Attorney’s Offices (USAO), the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and matters before investigative arms of intergovernmental organizations, including the World Bank Group’s Integrity Vice Presidency and the Asian Development Bank’s Office of Anticorruption and Integrity. He also has handled complex civil litigation in federal district court and in federal courts of appeals.
His recent work includes:
- Representing a variety of clients, including banks, student lenders, mortgage servicers, and other financial services companies in investigation and enforcement actions before numerous federal and state agencies, including the CFPB, the FTC, the FDIC, and various state attorneys general
- Supporting an internal investigation of the Pennsylvania State Attorney General’s office
Mr. Reynolds has been recognized by Legal 500 as a leading lawyer in Cyber Law (Data Protection and Privacy). Prior to joining Buckley Sandler, Mr. Reynolds served as an Assistant United States Attorney for the District of Maryland, and was an associate at Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton, where he represented financial institutions, corporations, and corporate executives in high-profile, complex cross-border investigations before federal, state, and foreign government entities and in international arbitration.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Reynolds served as a law clerk to the Honorable Margaret B. Seymour in the United States District Court for the District of South Carolina. Mr. Reynolds received his J.D. from Harvard University and his B.A. from Duke University.
National Business Institute Webinar: Student Loan Compliance - The Latest CFPB Rules and Regulations
Aaron Mahler, Antonio Reynolds, and Sasha Leonhardt spoke on the National Business Institute webinar, “Student Loan Compliance: The Latest CFPB Rules and Regulations,” on Thursday, November 12, 2015 from 10:00 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. ET. Click here to learn more about this event...Speaking Engagement
WASHINGTON, DC (June 6, 2018) — Buckley Sandler LLP again has been noted as one of the nation’s top law firms by The Legal 500 in its 2018 rankings, with recognition in five practice areas: Financial Services: Litigation Financial Services: Regulation Corporate Investigations and White Collar...Press Releases
WASHINGTON, DC (June 16, 2017 ) - Buckley Sandler , a premier financial services, government enforcement and litigation law firm, announced today that Marshall T. Bell and Antonio J. Reynolds , both resident in the firm’s Washington, DC , office, have been promoted to partner, effective May 1, 2017...Press Releases
Antonio Reynolds and Veena Viswanatha, attorneys at Buckley Sandler LLP, have been named to Lawyers of Color’s Second Annual Hot List, which recognizes early- to mid-career minority attorneys working as in-house counsel, government attorneys, and law firm associates and partners. The firm is very...In The News
WASHINGTON, DC (September 16, 2013) – Buckley Sandler LLP , a nationally recognized financial services and criminal and civil enforcement defense law firm, has welcomed Antonio J. Reynolds , former Assistant United States Attorney, Criminal Division for the District of Maryland, to the firm as...In The News
Elizabeth E. McGinn, Antonio J. Reynolds, and Jessica M. Shannon Authored a Bloomberg BNA Article, "Consumer Privacy Should Be Top-of-Mind for FinTech Firms to Avoid Scrutiny"
With many people underserved by traditional lending institutions, including the close to 45 million adults in the U.S. who the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau estimates are “credit invisible” or have had past credit challenges, emerging FinTech lenders and online lending platforms (FinTech...Articles
Awards & Recognitions
- Legal 500 2018: Recognized in the Cyber Law (Data Protection and Privacy) practice area
- Lawyers of Color's 2014 Hot List
- Complex Civil Litigation
- Congressional Investigations
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Enforcement Actions & Investigations
- Federal Trade Commission
- Internal Investigations
- State Attorneys General
- Student Lending
- Unfair, Deceptive, and Abusive Acts and Practices
- White Collar
- J.D., Harvard University, 2004
- B.A., Duke University, 2001
- District of Columbia
- North Carolina (inactive)
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Assistant U.S. Attorney, District of Maryland
- Law Clerk, Hon. Margaret B. Seymour, U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina