Brian Wegrzyn is Counsel in the New York office of Buckley Sandler LLP. Mr. Wegrzyn represents corporate and individual clients in a variety of litigation and enforcement matters, including complex civil litigation and government enforcement matters.
Mr. Wegrzyn’s recent representations include:
- Multiple indirect auto finance companies in federal and state investigations into subprime auto loan origination and securitization practices
- Multiple banks in connection with DOJ’s “Operation Choke Point” FIRREA investigation into payment processing
- A bank in successive DOJ and CFPB investigations into payment processing practices, resulting in declinations by both agencies
- A mortgage lender in a Fair Housing Act (FHA) lawsuit in the United States District Court for the SDNY, resulting in an early, pre-discovery settlement
- Multiple correspondent lenders in lawsuits brought by a liquidating trust of a bankrupt securitizer alleging breach of contract and indemnification based on purported defects in mortgage loans
Prior to joining Buckley Sandler, Mr. Wegrzyn was a litigation Associate at O’Melveny & Myers LLP, where his practice focused on representing leading financial institutions in complex commercial litigation involving the federal securities laws, civil Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) claims, and contract disputes. Before that, he clerked for the Honorable Richard J. Sullivan in the United States District Court, Southern District of New York, and was an associate with Winston & Strawn LLP.
Mr. Wegrzyn received his J.D. from Fordham University in 2009 (magna cum laude, Order of the Coif). During law school, he served on the staff of the Fordham Urban Law Journal. Mr. Wegrzyn received his B.A. from the University of Illinois in 1999.
WASHINGTON, DC (January 9, 2017) – BuckleySandler LLP, a premier financial services, government enforcement, and litigation law firm, today announced the promotion of eight associates in four of its offices to counsel, and one of its regulatory attorneys to associate, effective January 1, 2017. “We...Press Releases