Kate Berlitz Shrout is Counsel in the Washington, DC office of Buckley Sandler LLP. Ms. Shrout represents financial services industry clients in a wide range of government investigations and enforcement matters, as well as corporate and individual clients in a variety of white collar matters.
Ms. Shrout’s recent representations include:
- The Department of Justice (DOJ) and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) investigations of origination, servicing, and collection practices of banks and finance companies
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)-related litigation on behalf of a Japanese gaming company and related parallel matters
- Southern District of New York investigation of Swiss banking practices
- National Mortgage Settlement-related matter before the Office of Mortgage Settlement Oversight
Prior to joining Buckley Sandler, Ms. Shrout was a litigation associate at an Am Law 100 firm, where she represented clients in various white collar matters and corresponding civil proceedings, including assisting a DOJ-appointed corporate monitor in evaluating a mid-sized corporation’s compliance with an FCPA-related Deferred Prosecution Agreement, and conducting internal antitrust investigations in the automotive, foaming, and food industries.
Ms. Shrout received her J.D. from Duke University (cum laude) and her B.S. from Vanderbilt University (summa cum laude). She is a member of the Make-A-Wish Greater Bay Area Young Professional Advisory Council.
WASHINGTON, DC (January 9, 2017) – BuckleySandler LLP, a premier financial services, government enforcement, and litigation law firm, today announced the promotion of eight associates in four of its offices to counsel, and one of its regulatory attorneys to associate, effective January 1, 2017. “We...Press Releases
On Sept. 9, 2015, the Department of Justice (DOJ) issued a memorandum from Deputy Attorney General Sally Quillian Yates announcing that the DOJ would require a company to fully disclose all relevant facts about individuals responsible for the misconduct at issue in order to receive any cooperation...Articles
- J.D., Duke University, 2009 (cum laude)
- B.S., Vanderbilt University, 2006 (summa cum laude)
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Virginia