Luis de Guzman is a Regulatory Attorney in the Washington, DC office of Buckley Sandler LLP. He assists clients in regulatory and compliance matters, including:
- Regulatory performance evaluations under the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), analyzing peer bank performance to evaluate clients’ progress and set future performance goals
- Compliance matters involving consumer deposit accounts, including compliance with Regulation E, the Truth in Savings Act (TISA), and applicable state statutes and regulations
- Compliance with state laws and regulations relating to mortgage origination and servicing
- Compliance with state laws and regulations relating to nonmortgage consumer lending, money transmission, and other consumer financial services
He also provides support for complex litigation and government investigations relating to the mortgage lending industry. Fluent in Spanish, Mr. de Guzman is also very active in Buckley Sandler’s pro bono program, assisting in a variety of matters, including asylum and immigration matters involving victims of domestic violence.
Mr. de Guzman received his J.D. from Catholic University in 2010 (cum laude). During law school, he interned for the Honorable Anh Cao in the U.S. House of Representatives and was an associate editor for the Catholic University Law Review. Mr. de Guzman received his M.Sc. from the University of London in 2003 and his B.A. from the University of Cambridge in 2001.
- B.A., University of Cambridge, 2001
- M.Sc., University of London, 2003
- J.D., Catholic University, 2010 (cum laude)
- District of Columbia